KR 126 p Kodak Kodachrome 64 cartridge

stumpy_jak

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi,

I need help to find someone\company (in Australia or anywhere) that can process an old KR126P cartridge.
A family member found it in a camera with 6 shots left to take, I have taken the last shots and the film is still intact in the cartridge.

I sent it to Local Kodak via pharmacy and after 4 weeks they returned it untouched labelled "Service not available". Contact to some local Professional labs has also responeded no. Curiosity is driving me crazy the first 14 shots will be a approx 20 years old.

Fil cartridge is labelled as :
V Kodachrome 64
Film for Color Slides
KR 126 P 20 exp
Price includes processing by Kodak

There is no mention of the Process code
Pity Kodak cant deliver on the last line !!!!

Can any one help with suggestions of whom may be able to assist.

If I can get the film processed to negative I can get it scanned and printed.

MANY MANY THANKS...Sean

Hmmm... I work at kmart, in australia... and we send stuff to kodak... I thought they could do 126 films... possibly only reprints from 126 film?

I know we can send normal slide film to them...

Did you try searching the net to see?

I would give some pro places a call.. Or maybe somewhere that still processes via darkroom, rather than through machine... If you can find out the developing process, I am sure you will be able to find someone who can process it manually.

Although - if the film is 20 years old, I wouldn't think there would still be anything on it...

might be helpful to know, that I just read that you can only send that film to kodak for processing...

"K-14 process is required for Kodachrome, and there are a few independent labs who do this, other than Kodak."

That should help you. I would call a few labs, and ask them if they can process it... And maybe contact kodak directly to find out where you can get it processed.

http://www.geocities.com/thombell/k14.html

might also be helpful,

"Kodak worldwide will no longer be able to process 120 format Kodachrome film after this final processing run on 1 October 2001. Kodak announced in February 1996 that Kodachrome film in the 120 format will be discontinued. Processing was discontinued in the USA in 1998/1999 once the last batch of films expiration date was reached.
"

You might try Dwayne's photo lab, they are the only lab in North America that does the K-14 process (Kodak sends it to them). I'm not sure if they will do that particular cartridge but if they're doing the process there's at least a reasonable chance.

Dave

Most reactions

New Topics

Back