Krampuslauf

rottroll

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I thought the first images I post here should be something close to my heart. Each year I visit numerous so called "Krampus Laufs" – events before Christmas where people dress up as horned demonic beasts and parade through towns and villages here in Austria. I've also published a photography book showing these events las year. Here are some of my favorite shots of last season – any and all critique is very welcome!

PS.: Sorry for the watermark – I am not a fan but it became necessary since I shoot these to promote my book and FB site and people kept re-uploading them without credit instead of sharing.

Krampuslauf Liezen Edit 2 by rottroll, on Flickr

Krampuslauf Liezen Edit 2 by rottroll, on Flickr

Kinderkrampus Weißenbach by rottroll, on Flickr

Krampuslauf Weißenbach by rottroll, on Flickr

Krampuslauf Eisbach Rein 2014 by rottroll, on Flickr

Krampuslauf Eisbach Rein 2014 by rottroll, on Flickr

Excellent photos! Myself and my better half absolutely love Austria. We've been the last two years.

We were over in Vienna/Salsburg/Linz at the end of November/beginning of December there and managed to catch the Krampus in both Salzburg and Linz.

We will be back! :)

Awesome! Great photos and what a great festival!

When does this festival happen? Definitely want to get there for one of those!

Excellent photos! Myself and my better half absolutely love Austria. We've been the last two years.

We were over in Vienna/Salsburg/Linz at the end of November/beginning of December there and managed to catch the Krampus in both Salzburg and Linz.

We will be back! :)

Especially in Salzburg this tradition is very much alive and special state laws allow for a more intense experience (i.e.: when you get hit by the Krampus you can't sue them for hurting you because it is considered part of the tradition). Love it there!

Awesome! Great photos and what a great festival!

When does this festival happen? Definitely want to get there for one of those!

Thanks! The festivals typically take place in the weekends leading up to December 5 starting in early November. Sadly not the best time to visit Austria for anything else then the Krampus but still worth it.

I l.like #2 the most

interesting event! would like to see it in person :)

Most reactions

Back