Krewe of Jupiter - Mardi Gras series

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by MommyOf4Boys, Feb 12, 2006.

1. MommyOf4Boys

MommyOf4Boys TPF Noob!

Here is a series from the first of many parades for Mardi Gras in Baton Rouge. This particular parade is called Krewe of Jupiter. If you would like more information on the different Krewe parades that go on during Mardi Gras, I would be glad to answer questions as best I can. Next weekend we are going to two more parades and the following weekend after that, two more!
    My two oldest boys and I went and we had a blast. They got at least 200 bead necklaces between the two of them, not counting the stuffed animals, coins, arrows, etc etc.

The floats are so elaborate and beautiful! Please enjoy.

[​IMG]

2. I caught her as she was throwing beads, and much to my dismay, she threw an entire handful that hit me right in the head :meh:
    [​IMG]

3. I don't believe he was camera shy at all
    [​IMG]

4. Well, this was by accident, I really didnt even look at it before I took the picture, but the guys should like this one :lmao:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. This thing..I dont know! LOL
    [​IMG]

8. Ok, this guy gave me the creaps! I was standing there taking the picture above and he jumped in front of me and said "boogidaboog"
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Azuth

Azuth TPF Noob!

Really like 1,14 & 16. I'm sure #14 has wide appeal, and the photo's pretty good too ;)

3. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Of this entire series I can't really pick a favourite, all I can say is that now I understand that there are more than just the one Mardi Gras parade right on Mardi Gras, but a good many leading up to Mardi Gras. Right?
    That is interesting to see. The floats are different from ours. Ours often are three-dimensional and huge caricatures of political issues here. And the beads are something typical for your region, I would assume. Here they always throw sweets.