Luna

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit

Last edited:
For me, the process usually goes:

In Camera RAW:
1. Adjust the white balance (if necessary)
2. Adjust the exposure (if necessary)
3. Adjust fill (if necessary)
4. Crop/Level

Sometimes I'll correct things like CA or vignetting if necessary but I rarely touch many of the other controls.

Once in photoshop, I almost universally:

1. Do any/all image corrections (blemish removal, unwanted artifacts, sensor dust)
2. Adjust either levels or curves depending on what I'm doing with an image
3. dodge/burn to do enhancements where necessary, usually eyes for portrait-y type stuff
4. Any other corrections, adjustments, conversions (b&w, etc)
5. Sharpen pass

When I'm really lucky and I've managed to get most everything right in camera, I usually only have to handle any unwanted stuffs, modify the levels or curves a tad and do a sharpening pass. I would say somewhere between 1 and 2% of my images require that little, but that says more about my skills than anything. :)

Something is definitely off. The picture looks slightly under-exposed and desaturated. What was your work flow on this image, and what does the original histogram look like?

My workflow goes like this: Load into Nikon Capture, tweak as required for D-lighting (shadow & highlights), white balance, and the straighten and crop (I don't see any point in working on a larger image than I need to). From there I deal with any exposure issues, adjust levels and curves as required, saturation, hue, and tonal tweaks, then save as .tif, and move to photoshop for things like cloning, layer work, etc.

It looks like you just need to fix the white balance (too blue, needs red) and the exposure (face is underexposed, needs to be adjusted). Probably could use some saturation too.

Do'nt worry, you did everything right. RAW images come out of the camera just like that so that you CAN adjust them :)

I'd say boost the saturation more. Really make those colors pop!

It also looks like you brought the contrast down. This is just a guess, but, sometimes when I bring the contrast down it puts this strange greyish tint over the image. So maybe just bump the contrast up a little?

I do like the shot though! :)

Most reactions

Back