Kudu Kill by Leopard in South Africa

Dhaines94

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took this a year or so ago on an african safari. I cropped it, but that is about all. Taken with low light, but I liked the blur effect. I think these are the best ones in a series of 30+ pics

kill3.jpg

leopardkill.jpg

Wow, that's intense.

Exif says 70mm, you must have been pretty close...

Wow, who feels hungry for steaks now?

Cool series, love the action.

But it's a cheetah, not a leopard.

Nope, thats a leopard. Its way bigger than a cheetah -

this is a cheetah

cheethadrink.jpg

Notice the diff in the spots

Posted in 2 locations?? That sucks.

don't worry about that - you will find your feet here soon enough :)

as for the shots I admit I am not a fan of motion blur - even shots with intentional animal motion blur I find hard to like (such as those with the body infocus and the legs in the blur of motion).

As for your shots I definatly agree that it was impressive that you were able to get that close to a hunting leopard it must have been quite a sight to see that close! A shame that your shutter speed and the lighting were not with you to help - but defintaly a great experience to see!

don't worry about that - you will find your feet here soon enough :)

as for the shots I admit I am not a fan of motion blur - even shots with intentional animal motion blur I find hard to like (such as those with the body infocus and the legs in the blur of motion).

As for your shots I definatly agree that it was impressive that you were able to get that close to a hunting leopard it must have been quite a sight to see that close! A shame that your shutter speed and the lighting were not with you to help - but defintaly a great experience to see!

thanks - It happened pretty fast and there was not any time to make adjustments or revise settings. I just held the button down and kept shooting. the funny thing is when we saw it the guide thought that it might try to attack a baby giraffe. that would have been something!!

I agree with overread... faster shutter would have been better. Still cool, though.

Most reactions

Back