Kyndra in a Corset - Are these retouched too much?

RushNP774

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.dotnetplace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just tried my hand with studio work again at a local camera club meeting a few days ago, and would love some feedback. I've only been doing this for a month or two, and definitely still have much to learn. After a few minutes in Photoshop trying some new techniques, here is what I got:

1) High-contrast B&W

DSC_2184-1sttrial.jpg

2) Lightly smoothed, slightly subdued skin tones
DSC_2190-1sttrial.jpg

3) Brighter skin for a bit of pop
DSC_2192-1st-trial.jpg

Honest critiques and feedback are appreciated. Thanks!
DSC_2184.jpg
DSC_2184.jpg

I dont think they are, but have you seen some of my posts??? We all have different taste levels. For me I think they could use a little punching up, too boring for my taste. I have a few ideas if you wouldnt mind me editing a couple

I dont think they are, but have you seen some of my posts??? We all have different taste levels. For me I think they could use a little punching up, too boring for my taste. I have a few ideas if you wouldnt mind me editing a couple

No, I haven't seen your posts, but would love to see some of your images. I especially thought two was a bit flat, but just couldn't get anything I liked or that didn't look fake, so I left the PP modest. I have no problem with you posting some of your ideas. It's always good to get fresh ideas for your work. It'd be appreciated.

With that said above... i do LOVE #1 :)

Thanks! That seems to be the common consensus (and my opinion too). Sometimes I just get lucky and get a good one :mrgreen:

They seem fine to me! I can't think of anything you could do to it. Perhaps if #1 was a little more side-weighted? I'm not sure though, I'd have to see.

I like it! It looks much better! My only other suggestion would be to play with the levels... even out the histogram a bit. And perhaps add a warming filter on it. (Images>Adjustments> Photo Filter) If 20 % isn't enough bring it all the way to 80% and work your way down.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back