Lack of communication between Photoshop and Printer

neea

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey Everyone,

I really really need help here.
I'm trying to print something that HAS to be JUST SO.
My paper is 5x5. I make a new document in photoshop, also 5x5. Type the text, centre it all nice and neat. Print it.. setting margins to zero and it prints way off.
I made 'margins' with my guide lines at .25 inch to try and accomedate the 'unprintable' area. But it still seems to be throwing it to the right.
Is there anyway to calibrate my printer to photoshop?

HELP!! Please!!!

Thanks in advance.

Ok, relax.

Did you tell the printer to center the image on your sheet? To me it appears to be a settings problem, not a printer one.

Here is what you can try: save your image as a JPEG, GIF or whatever you like. Find the file in Windows Explorer and set the layout so that it will show you the picture within Windows Explorer. There should be an icon to print it at the bottom. Click on it. It will pop up a wizard and one of the things it will ask is how you want it aligned. Click on center alignment and let it print. It should be better now.

Now all you have to do is find a similar setting in Photoshop itself. I am sure there is one.

Hmm. I never thought of doing it that way. However, My paper is 5x5. I can't find anywhere that I can change the paper size to a custom size. It's all standard stuff. 3x5, 4x6, 8x10, 8.5x11.... etc.
If I could tell my printer the proper size of the paper I might have better luck.
I think the problem is that the printer is always thinking it's 8.5x11.

I think it lets you do it. You have to search for the feature for a while, though. Sorry, I am not on a Windows machine, I am only speaking from memory.

*bump*
Anyone else out there have any ideas???

In the printer settings or preferences, there should be a place to set the paper size. On my HP it is under Preferences>Paper/Quality>Size>Custom.

Which printer do you have?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back