Lad of the Past

inneist

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
My, after I tried to modify this picture, I began to doubt whether the after-work really helped at all.

For your opinions:

somm91.jpg

I think, his face is a bit blue. Try to warm it up.

yes, deffinatly very blue. Was the origional that colour?

I rechecked and found a second shot.

Do you think this one is better? Expression wise as well as in technical details? The processing work on the face is too intricate for me to handle. My lesson is that I need to shoot more so that I may be lucky to pick up a right one.

somm90.jpg

I like the photo actually, but for his face is stil a bit blue...

Are you using "auto"-option with levels? It's not working always as desired... If you are shooting RAW, you can warm it up easyly with white-balance (calculated-option, plus manually warm it up)

Because I depended wholly on natural light and I was not discerning enough at the time of shooting on how harsh the light actually was. The blown-out forehead is what troubled me. Still clumsy in graphics, so I chose to change the level of the entire photo instead.

Personally I prefer the first one, though he looks a bit "cold-faced". Hehe, since he's from the past..

May I edit and repost the first photo? I would like to show it to you with corrected white-balance.

OK, so I modified the levels and then the curves a bit to add more contrast. Then I took red away from the mid tones but applied this only on his face. I also lighten up his eyes.

Let me see, what do you think about this:

p1020374b.jpg

Woa, what a work! It's incredible to see the picture rescued this way. Thank you!

I will start to learn how to use a mask in GIMP. Maybe later I'll have questions on your exact steps. In that case, can I PM you?

Thanks again for your enlightment!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back