Ladies of the Red Hat Society

elsaspet

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.visionsinwhite.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all. I met these wonderful ladies and had to take thier photos because they were so adorable and colorful. They informed me that they were ladies of the "Red Hat Society". I didn't know what that was, so when I got home I looked it up on the internet. Turns out that they are women "facing aging with humor, verve, and pinache". And that they were!
redhatspw1.jpg

We get a lot of them in our restaurant. I believe there is a book that the society is based. Part of it is the main woman, in addition to your statement above, was going to "Wear a Red Hat and Purple Dress" as an indicator that she didn't care what the rest of the world thought, she was going to have fun. (I am definitly paraphrasing here).

They really are lots of fun and have a great attitude! There are societies all over the US and I think it's spreading farther than that now. They have popped up in just the last few years. I don't know the name of the book it's based on. Could be a poem? I'm not sure, I'll have to ask the next group that comes in.

It is based on the poem "Warning" by Jenny Joseph. Here is everything you probably ever needed to know about the Red Hat Society.

http://www.redhatsociety.com/

The first time I heard about them was this Thanksgiving when my aunt told me she saw a group and was thinking about joining.

Elsaspet, I really like this picture. If my aunt does join I'm going to have to meet up with them to take some pictures.

Very interesting and moving photo. I can't help but wonder what kind of lives each of them had up till now.

Aoide said:
If my aunt does join I'm going to have to meet up with them to take some pictures.

Oh I hope your Aunt does join! I've never met a "younger" bunch of older women. They refer to themselves as "queens" and they are SOOOOOOO regal. It's like some teenage group of supercool royalty. They walk in and take the place over by livening it up.
Now THAT is the way I want to spend my golden years. I loved these ladies. (especially the woman with the purple and red boa-what a cutie!)

Yeah...we've got that around my area too! We've been selling red had pins, necklaces, earings, and bracelets at the Walgreens I work at! We get group members in the store quite often!

Most reactions

Back