LaFoto -

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Sorry, I totally forgot.

I had taken my grandson with me to shoot the Cave Mountain Badlands and camp to shoot some Indian & geological sites in the river canyon the next day. We checked out the river crossing about a week ago and things looked good for crossing (no bridge). The water was about 2 foot deep which is no problem for my vehicle.

This morning (yesterday?- I haven't been to bed yet), we rode the mile down to the crossing and found this;

420-3952.jpg

Ok, about 3 feet of water this week. The river fluctuates pretty good (I could explain the hydrology if you want to hear it? :confused:). Fine for me to try, but the grandkid being with me I decided it wasn't worth risking getting stuck. The crossing is fairly remote and isn't visited too much on week days. I had an alternative destination (the kid wanted to 4 wheel drive) and we changed our plans.

So anyhow, wading out in the water to check the depth, on the way back I turned and snapped this;

760-3953.jpg

I have no idea why, must-a been for you.

Nice captures, the first on is just wonderful.
Nige

...I have no idea why, must-a been for you.

Awww :hug::, thanks for that, Walter. Thank you so! All this lovely green!
Though, hey, I do like the reds and yellows and pale skies of your desert photography, too!!!

But here, have a big :hugs: for thinking of me when you seem something as beautifully green as that meadow!

And what we see in that river is a ford?
Looks like a real river to me ... tell me about the hydrology, if you want, the problem might only be that here on my end I won't understand any of what you say... :oops:

Most reactions

Back