simonkit

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.landscapephotographyuk.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
hi,

posted a few coastal shots recently so though a landscape shor or two was a good idea. these were taken in the Lake District last year during a week of hiking - unfortunately the weather was less than perfect for photography

simon

ButtermereLakewalk2.jpg

AshnessBridge.jpg

Buttermerecrummock.jpg

Beautiful! I can't tell which one I like most! #2 was particularly striking.

Great job (despite the "less than perfect" weather)!

Great shots! On number 1 I would crop right above the grass at the bottom for an almost panoramic view. Of course, that is strictly my opinion

Thumbs Up

The sky in 2 is soooooo much like our skies here have been for weeks on end now ... but on the other hand the countryside that surrounds me does not have cute features such as this little bridge not mountains rising in the background at all ;).

Wonderful views of a beautiful area!
I think I might have been on that pass from where you took the last photo myself, too. But I don't have any photos of my own from my sister's and my trip back in 1987, I let her do all the photographing at the time!

I think the weather was perfect if they were a little lighter they would be great the colors are very saturated and the composition is really nice and I agree with the previous composition comment about the first shot.

beautiful just beautiful

I like #2 the best, had a Lord of the Rings feel to it.

Thanks for the comments.

To be honest these were taken a few months after starting my photography and I made the mistake of shooting these in JPG, (really should have been RAW) - I didn't bracket the shots either. I now always shoot in manual mode with RAW & bracket the shots manually - lessons learned !!

simon

Great stuff I think the grey sky adds to it! :)

All three are very nice.

With #2, I think maybe some of the light from the sky biased the exposure too much, because there isn't as much detail in the foreground as there could be. I would consider bumping up the gamma just a bit.

On #s 1 & 3, you have less of the sky, so the camera took the light reading mostly from the earth.

Most reactions

Back