Lake District

Discussion in 'Landscape & Cityscape' started by pm63, Jul 5, 2008.

1. pm63

pm63 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Took this one while cycling across northern England, from the Irish Sea to the North sea on the Sea to Sea (C2C) cycle route:

[​IMG]

CC appreciated. View large on black or see my flickr (linked in sig) for large versions.

2. tirediron

tirediron Watch the Birdy! Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    C&C per req:
    Nice image, appears rather soft, but I suspect that may be Flickr's compression algorithm. I'd try a levels adjustment to clean up a bit of the haze in the centre. I'm not sure if the wire and pole in the foreground work for me or not; they're an interesting item, but IMHO clash with the serenity of the rest of the image.

Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary.

~John

3. pm63

pm63 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks John. The haze in the center, especially on the mountain is something that has been bugging me, too. It's actually there in the original, unprocessed image. Could it be the result of shooting JPEG instead of RAW? (Gasp! - please don't kill me, my computer is ancient and can't handle RAW processing)

About the wire and pole: I did take an image without them, but it looked bland and empty as there was no foreground interest. I think this version nicely frames the landscape.

Anyone else?