Some shots from the lake. =)

C/C welcome!

1.jpg

16.jpg

15.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

17.jpg

What a pity: Photos 1, 4 and 5 will oh-so-soon be all "empty" for all the water will have run out on the left of the frame - in other words: mind your horizons, keep them straight, don't get them crooked, least of all with water photos ;).

I'm not sure I am overly fond of your play with short DOF in 4 and 5, particularly with regards to the blurred foreground in 5.
In 4 it is not bad, points at the texture of the sand, but I still miss the tip of that tall palm tree in the background, blurred as all the palms may be.

hmm. hadn't thought of the horizons. I suppose I can just fix it in editing, and a slight crop! =)

#4 was a matter of scope, I suppose. I was at minumum focal length, and didn't want to back up any, so I sacrificed the top of the one tree. Also, it was quite windy, so the DOF effect is magnified by the motion of the trees (minimally, since this was a fast shutter, but still there! lol)

I guess I wasn't thinking much of DOF while shooting. I was more worried about proper exposure, and I wanted the fastest shutter I could manage because of the wind, and moving animals. I also didn't want the water to smooth out at all, I wanted ALL the ripples. Fastest shutter, obviously, points to a wider aperture, and less DOF. oh well! I'll try differently next time.

Matt,

You seem to be lacking subject matter here. They aren't doing anything. There are a lot of variables involved. However, it does get easier, and more fun as time goes on. So don't give up.

#1 is my fave of the series, nice shot! I also agree about the tilted horizons, most are unlevel. Its a simple fix in PS. Some nice shots here!

Of course you can straighten them in PS or any typical photo editing software. Other than that I like your use of putting the camera on the ground ( or however you do it ); I especially like 2.

love the low angles and the shallow depth of field

thanks guys! I was told that the saturation was too low, so I edited a couple of them... what do you think?

13satd.jpg

1sat.jpg

these are all cool, but #1 makes me want to dive in !!

Right on the ROCKS??? lol. thanks

Most reactions

Back