lake in the evening

mentos_007

The Freshmaker!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
here you are a few pictures from yesterdays' trip... I took my bike and rode to the woods where I fund this lake. From the one side there were a few kids jumping and playing in the water:

platany_008.jpg

far, there was a lonely swan:
platany_003.jpg

but I can't decide which one is better, horizontal or vertical:

platany_004.jpg

Just wanted to share :)

Oh they're gorgeous. So dreamy in a 'perfect world' way. I'd like to see the first one closer up - but still you've done a great job with the sun's reflection imo.

I vote for horizontal. It makes the swan look some much more alone and sad. *sob* :-( To me that droplet of water falling from its beak looks like a tear. Very good work on these mentos!

I love the first shot! I vote for horizontal as well. Nice work

Always the odd one out!!!

I prefer the verticle one! It just seems to show a bigger area with nothing else in it. I also like how the lack of ripples in the water don't destroy the swans reflection like they do in the horizontal one!

It's a nice photo though! Really peaceful and gentle!

beautiful Alexandra! i love your nature shots very much!!! :D

Some great shots here mentos. The first one makes me feel really nostalgic, although I agree with Meysha that you could have gotten closer in, and perhaps given the kids more prominence, as they're the main point of interest.

As for the swans, I'd say that you take the vertical photo, and crop it from where the foreground reeds finish to where the background reeds start. I think that'd look great. I love the shape that the swan's neck makes with the reflection.

Nice shots. Has it been so warm that kids can swim? Reminds me of when I was young we had a river and setup just like that one.

Great shots Mentos. All three are very well done.!!

I'm so glad to see another photo post so quickly Mentos! I love the swan photos but it's the first one that really captures me. It instantly brought me back to my own childhood. It's a perfect capture of summer fun...the gold tones, the harsh sun against the water, I even think the sun glare adds to it. Beautiful.

thanks for very kind replies :)
Cruzin: we had here a few really hot days... about 30 C, everyday. Those pictures were taken at 8.30 pm (more less) and it was still very warm. I just had to turn around, those were two lakes, one on the one side of the path, the second on my left. I glanced kids and took the firs picture, then I turned around and noticed the swan :) so that's why the light on it is very warm

For me, the orange hue and the lens flare make that first shot. As Vicky said, it's got some strange "perfect world" thang going. It's wonderful. The children show the purpose of the photograph to me, but the other things going on make it stand out and different.

I'd go with horizontal for the swan. He's a wide bird and in the vertical he looks squished. Plus it shows me where he was and where he's going.

Most reactions

Back