Lake Michigan, Indiana Shoreline (9 Pix)

melcooney

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.melscorner.net
Pictures from my files after they were editted in PS
All comments and suggestions are appreciated :)

beach12.jpg

beach13.jpg

beach14.jpg

beach15.jpg

beach16.jpg

beach17.jpg

beach18.jpg

beach19.jpg

beach20.jpg

All of them are really nice, you sure are using that editing program! I like everyone but #3 I know you were going for the focus on the grass and the water,but with that blurry blob of sand right in the front your eye goes directly there instead.

I see what you are saying.
What about this?
There is still the blurry sand at the bottom,
but not as much and I find it less distracting.
I tried cropping it completely out, but the
grass was not grounded (no pun intended! LoL)
beach14a.jpg

good series, well done.... lots of bright summer colours :thumbup:

I use to go there alot when I was younger. Are these anywhere near Mt. Baldy?

I like all the shots. The only thing that bothers me is your choice of composition in the first. It seems like the bench and lake are competing here, I think a better shot would have included the entire bench or left it out and focused on the landscape only. Please take this constructively, I have learned a lot on this forum from people critiqing (SP?) my work just like this. #4 and 7 are my faves here. Take more time to compose and think about what's in the frame, what should be where, how the parts of the image relate to each other, and how the final image will look. Above all, keep shooting!

Thanks for the walk down memory lane! I miss that place. We used to climb to the top of one particular dune, have a fire, watch the sun go down, make out, camp, and so on. Great times and a beautiful place!

#4 and #7 are awesome... great shots... :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back