Lake Ronkonkoma Panorama

Dmitri

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
4411951507_af21fb3fe5_o.jpg

c&c always appreciated :)

A pretty sight. Lovely blues! Unfortunately, it is a bit small, and the dark areas are QUITE dark, so any detail there is getting lost (more so at this small size).

I really liked this shot, and it got good reaction from my friends. I see what you mean about the dark sides. I added a levels layer and gradient mask. Is this any better?

Thank you for your honest, LaFoto.

LakeRonkonkomaatNightPano.jpg

Unfortunately, you are still too far away.

skieur

Your point of interest is the small section of coloured sky near the centre. What you need is to be much closer to that area of coloured sky and to have one or more interesting verticals in the foreground. Flat looking panoramas have no visual interest or impact and what creates excellent visual perspective and a more 3D look is verticals.

I hope this is clearer.

skieur

I like the second version of the shot much better! I love the contrast between the light and dark areas! I like the distance you are from the lighter area, JMO.

i like the second rev, the water seems soft which works well with the soft sky and contrast of the darker colors

I like the second version of the shot much better! I love the contrast between the light and dark areas! I like the distance you are from the lighter area, JMO.

Mesoam said:
i like the second rev, the water seems soft which works well with the soft sky and contrast of the darker colors

Thank you both very much :)

Most reactions

Back