Lake superior sea Kayaking

uberben

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.benberndtphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was digging through my box of photos and came across these from 4 years ago. This was before I took photography more serious and It was with a disposable camera. I cant believe I forgot about them. Pretty fun pictures I thought. It was my then girlfriend's (now wife) first time out in a kayak and she didn't feel comfortable taking out a one of my singles, so we rented a tandem. I ended up doing most of the paddling that day and she got to enjoy the view. :lol:

16.jpg

18.jpg

Fun photos, indeed. A pity you did not capture your ex-girlfriend :)mrgreen: erm... now-wife :mrgreen: ) in any of them... or did you but don't want to show? As it seems, you got to sit in the bow, right?

I do have some photos of her, but she said she looked like crap that day (rolling eyes) and I like the peace in which i'm living in, so no posting of those photos. I was mostly in the back for the day, but for that shot had just switched so she could try out the pedals for the rudder.

These are terrific! They both really capture the mood of the weather. I especially like the first one, very soft with the bright spot of the kayak. Nicely done! :)

Nice shots...what fun too. You are brave to go out. You must have had a good forecast of no wind. I have wanted to do the same on Bay of Green Bay and Lake Michigan. But the winds can whip up so suddenly. We once took our kids out in our 14ft fishing boat at a resort in a bay off Lake Michigan. The wind switched and I was scared to death we were going to get swamped heading back as the waves were almost breaking over the bow of the boat. We got back safely..others out didn't.
Riding in a kayak is the best...really fun.:thumbup:

northman said:
Nice shots...what fun too. You are brave to go out. You must have had a good forecast of no wind. I have wanted to do the same on Bay of Green Bay and Lake Michigan. But the winds can whip up so suddenly. We once took our kids out in our 14ft fishing boat at a resort in a bay off Lake Michigan. The wind switched and I was scared to death we were going to get swamped heading back as the waves were almost breaking over the bow of the boat. We got back safely..others out didn't.
Riding in a kayak is the best...really fun.:thumbup:

I haven't had many problems kayaking in the waves and wind. If the winds down and the waves are up, we go out and surf the waves in our kayaks. I have had a couple scary moments windsurfing on the big lake though. The wind can get pretty crazy (up and down) and the currents can really pull you out far if your not carefull.

great shots... the first one has such an awsome feel to it.

Absolutely love both of them :thumbup:!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back