Lakeside sunrise

Greenlandgirl

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Let me know what U think...

Qaqortoqtur039.jpg

I like the photo very much.

IMO, the use of the light and colours work great in this shot.

Keep posting your beauty shots.

interesting gradation (sp?) of colors in the sky there.... i think i might rather have the snow be more white than blue though... not sure

I like this a lot! :D
The colors, the view... somehow relaxing. Nice work! :)

im really liking your work! look forward to many more. :thumbsup:

Again Greenie!!! your photos make me want to visit Greenland so much. beautiful!!!

Unlike Nytmair, I like the blue tinge of the snow here because that is what it looks like in that early light.
I am debating with myself whether I am that very fond of the huge amount of sky.
But I think if I were to see the photo in a better quality than my crappy monitor is offering me, I would like the flowing colours of that very sky! It's just that my monitor doesn't show a nice gradation (same question mark about this word here!)...
What I do know for sure is that I like the lines of the mountains, and the reflection of this early morning sky in the water of the lake!

Just one question, "greenie": do you photograph digitally or on film?

I assume that a print of this photo would not seem flat... I can see why it may seem flat on some screen (mine included, so my imagination always works hand in hand with my vision), but "in reality"...?

I can't decide on it. I'm not afraid to give suggestions though! :D

First things first is filesize, it's only 50k and I can see some artifacting in the sky. Even saving at 75k or preferably 100k would probably remove that.

Second thing is the bottom lake is cut off on the right side. It seems like the edge is probably a hair away. I really think having that edge of the lake there would help for your leading lines. Nice strong curves to compliment the image.

Most important would be burning of shadows; it would really intensify the contrast which would help a ton.

Lastly a smidgen of saturation would make the colors pop. But not too much or you could easily overdo it.

Thank you guys for lending me your thoughts on this shot.

Leotopia:

The shot is from around 8 AM yesterday morning. The sun rises late in winter this high north. Maybe it does lack contrast, but this is how it looked; I chose not to tamper with the colors to be as true to the subject as possible. Maybe that's beeing too orthodox simplistic, but then again maybe that's just me.

Lafoto:

All my pics are taken with my tiny (crappy?) little digital point-and-shoot Olympus mju 300. Am saving for a digital slr, since I have discovered I'm really getting hooked on this photography thing.
And yes, the reason for the big amount of sky in the pic is to make the viewer focus on the color change.

2Stupid2Duck, mygrain, jonmikal, nomav6, Niki and Picksure and everyone else: THANKS A BUNCH :lmao: :heart: :lmao:

Most reactions

Back