Lamp posts at night - help

mosu84

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Is there any strategy to keep them from blowing out with rays of light in all directions? I still want to keep the exposure correct in the shadows. I tried using HDR, but still couldn't get it to work. Any other C&C is welcome too, but this is what I am most curious about.

3090235275_7eb964cf0a.jpg

have you tried polarized filters, that would eliminate the stray lights. i might be wrong though.

have you tried polarized filters, that would eliminate the stray lights. i might be wrong though.

I haven't tried them yet, but everywhere I read has said nobody really uses filters for night shooting. That's what kind of has me confused.

CPOLs will not help with this... any extra glass on the front will hurt in these types of situations because you can get reflections from the light showing up in weird ways in your image.

Many of my pictures are like this as well... but I think if you were to open the aperture you'd have less "light rays" emanating from the lamps....

CPOLs will not help with this... any extra glass on the front will hurt in these types of situations because you can get reflections from the light showing up in weird ways in your image.

Many of my pictures are like this as well... but I think if you were to open the aperture you'd have less "light rays" emanating from the lamps....

Thanks. I forgot to note that this photo was taken at F/5, 5s, ISO 200.

Ahh well, you may want to keep watching for some better advice than mine then... I've had the same effect on much smaller apertures... f/18, f/22. At f/5 I don't think you'll want to open it up any further, even if your lens allowed it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back