Lamp

rob91

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Picture444.jpg

I actually like the silhouette...I just wish the left corner weren't so dark, so I could see the whole silhouette.

silhouette? i thought it was a shadow.

i like it, rob, but i agree with marcus, i wish the left corner wasnt so dark

How dark is it for you guys? On my screen the bottom left of the lamp is dark but still visible, I hope you are able to see it?

And beth, I believe shadow and silhouette are the same thing. Also, your avatar is pretty cool, is there a larger version of that image I can look at?

i just looked up silhouette and youre right. i always assumed a silhouette to be an object that is black and outlined whereas a shadow is an image cast from something else...

i just looked up silhouette and youre right. i always assumed a silhouette to be an object that is black and outlined whereas a shadow is an image cast from something else...

Actually I also just looked it up and I think you were right originally Beth, silhouette and shadow are not the same thing. Where did you look it up? I went to Merriam Websters:

2 : the outline of a body viewed as circumscribing a mass <the silhouette of a bird>

Hi, Rob, on my monitor the lower left of the lampshade disappears into the black. The bottom edge barely visable.

its barely even visible on a 19' lcd

Ok, looks like I need to calibrate my monitor again.

Actually I also just looked it up and I think you were right originally Beth, silhouette and shadow are not the same thing. Where did you look it up? I went to Merriam Websters:

2 : the outline of a body viewed as circumscribing a mass <the silhouette of a bird>

i used the oh so reliable dictionary.com

silhouette - 1.a two-dimensional representation of the outline of an object....

...thats certainly what a shadow is as well.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back