Lancaster cockpit

lostprophet

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Went to the Imperial War Museum yesterday as it was raining and got a couple of shots of the Lancaster Cockpit

7634-_N0H1255.jpg

7634-_N0H1254.jpg

Ah, the second one is interesting.
We happened to have a TV production first out on Sunday and Monday night on the bomber attacks on Dresden in the night from 12 to 13 Feb 1945, and I think it was this plane they were flying? Some scenes from inside the planes looked similar.

LaFoto said:
We happened to have a TV production first out on Sunday and Monday night on the bomber attacks on Dresden in the night from 12 to 13 Feb 1945, and I think it was this plane they were flying? Some scenes from inside the planes looked similar.

Your probably right, the Lancaster was the main RAF bomber.

LaFoto said:

I was reading about that in the Sunday papers. Apparently it has caused a bit of controversy in Germany, especially the story about the British pilot and the German nurse.

Thomsk

Look at your PM's, Thom.

Cool shots. NIcely captured.

thanks for comments. Its a shame you can't get inside for better shots but they not bad considering they are shot through perspex

Great shots.

Think of the people who used those radios or walked on those floors so many years ago.

Those are great looking shots :thumbup: .. like the second one best, but both really good. fantastic plane too

I agree that the second shot is really good! My husband would love to check that museum out sometime, too awesome!

fredcwdoc said:
Great shots.

Think of the people who used those radios or walked on those floors so many years ago.

They had more guts than I'll ever have

Most reactions

New Topics

Back