"Land of Trembling Earth" (Okefenokee, Okefenok)

|)\/8

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Last week I made a trip to the Okefenokee Swamp in South Georgia, USA. Here are a few photos.

Sunset.

IMG_02634_m.jpg

I like this shot because of the reflection of the sun, you can also see my Guide standing steering the boat, in the alligator's eye.

IMG_02897_m.jpg

Not sure what kind of flower this is....

IMG_02670_m.jpg

River Otter.

IMG_02698_m.jpg

Another of many "Gators".

IMG_2650_m.jpg

Water Lily. Reflections of the surroundings in the swamp water were amazing.

IMG_02781_m.jpg

Stealthy Gator.

IMG_02886_m.jpg

Going through the swamp, small boat to get up close and personal with the Gators.

IMG_02933_m.jpg

Cruzin'........

IMG_02972_m.jpg

American White Ibis.

IMG_03170_m.jpg

Another sunset, the swamp would really come to life at night.

IMG_03019_s.jpg

Last edited:
Love them. I can't wait for my trip to Florida this winter so I can get some wildlife like that to shoot.

Beautiful, all of them but especially the first one!

lovin the sunset shots... and im lovin #2 as well! great shots!!

Thanks to all for the kind comments.

Love them. I can't wait for my trip to Florida this winter so I can get some wildlife like that to shoot.

Where are you going to in Florida? I might be able to give you some information.

Great pictures! I like river otter the most

What a nice set! All of your photos are great and I agree with most of the posters above... the best photo in this set is photo #1. I liked the reflection of the sun, sky, and trees on the water. Photo #2 gets a special remark for the sharpness of the details. It could have been better though if the green leaves at the bottom are not there.

Cheers!

Captain Kimo

Where are you going to in Florida? I might be able to give you some information.

We stay outside of Miami but take the boat down to Flamingo and launch into the Everglades from there.

that's a stunning sunset photo! Love the reflection, the strong colour, and how the cloud on the far left is backlit.

I also really like the water lily shot

Most reactions

New Topics

Back