Landon

Lyncca

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.lynccaharveyphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Last night I had my second photo shoot. This is Landon, who is nearly 4 mths old. It was interesting figuring out compose and get interesting shots of something you can't pose and got rather ticked off if you changed his positions very much.

He was fun and really cute. I had him smiling quite a bit, but I loved his other expressions as well.

Here are a few of my favs:

272481828_ez2b4-L.jpg

272483635_pg4Yh-L.jpg

272482666_AqYhq-L.jpg

272484387_UDzSy-L.jpg

Hey there.

So for some feedback...I think the first photo is "glowing" a bit much...I'm not crazy about his expression but think it would make for a nice picture if you tone down the glow a little.

The second shot, the baby looks cold...and he looks afraid.

The 3rd shot is very soft...the baby is not in focus.

The 4th is the winner here.....great expression, great dimension. I like it.

Hope this helps.. :)

I think it would be great if you can give some information on the technical aspect of the shoot.

Thanks for the feedback :)

I did add a bit of an ambient filter to the pics, that may be what you don't like about the glow to the first one. He actually was being held backwards by his mom in that first one after he had been upset. We had him laughing again so I added the blanket around her and him and took the shot.

The second one, you are a bit right. He was actually really hot and that was the second to last shot before he had just had it and was tired of it all. His mom really wanted one on his belly since he was old enough to hold himself up, but that was the best we could get.

The third, I kinda like it soft, but I see what you are saying. I think I had the 50mm wide open there.

The 4th is my favorite too :)

As far as technical, not sure what you mean exactly (I'm very new) but they were all taken with the 50mm 1.8 with bouncing my flash and with window lighting.

I'm happy to supply additional info if I know what you are looking for to get additional advice.

Hey ..that last shot is nice too..

Do you have the Exif information for your photos? Meaning, the shutter speed & aperture you shot the photos at? I can give more information if you need it on how to find that

That 1st and 3rd shot are looking a little out of focus to me. I would love to see more of that gorgeous blue fabric in the first. The white balance looks off in the first and 2nd. (1st is very yellow and 2nd looks very blue to me). #4 is very nice, but I would prefer less tilt.

Thanks April. I loved that blanket too, but at that point it was such a close up because his Mom was holding him backwards and I just had it wrapped around his shoulders to hide her.

I will get another go with this little guy in another month. His mom wants monthly until he is a year. I should get plenty of practice!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back