Landscape and abandoned machinery

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by s-t-e-v-e, Oct 18, 2009.

1. s-t-e-v-e

s-t-e-v-e TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Took my dog for a walk today and brought my camera along, here's what i came up with. I don't have any editing programs so all touch ups are done be hitting "quick retouch" or "d lighting" on my d60 ;) .

Let me know what you like, and what i can improve on. thanks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Stock Photos

Stock Photos TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I like the winding fence in the first photo.

3. Dagwood56

Dagwood56 No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    The first shot is nice, but I might have shot it from a slightly lower angle. I think it would work much better with some or all of the white sky cropped off the top. The eye would then be drawn to the fence. Download one of the free editing programs available online. Can't recall the names off hand. ;) "Gimp", I think.....

Your second image has potential if shot at a different angle - lower perhaps, or more from the right side or the left, rather than straight and from above.

#3 is way too busy and I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be looking at.

#4, Would have more interest if cropped down to the truck bed. Without the sky and blue beam, the eye is then drawn to the truck. If the subject was to be the blue beam, then you need to recompose so the beam becomes the center of interest.

#5, would again be better with a different composition. Perhaps just a bit more of the dead grass in the foreground. Just my opinion.