Landscape attempt

OBrien

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
This is not normally my style of photography, but the sky was pretty interesting as I drove through the hills last night. I'm sure there's plenty to critique. No real photoshop work apart from applying a slight warming filter as it had been very blue. All comments appreciated, negative or positive.

gap.jpg

Well, you are not too far out of your range, as it seems! All in all this is a wonderful photo.
I would have liked to see a little more land, to me it feels as if something is missing at the bottom of your photo. But I like how both countryside and clouds seem to "point" in the same direction in the background (valley and "street of clouds"). The colours are gorgeous! Where is the "emerald" of the Emerald Isle, though? (You're up in the moores, right? Whereabout is this?)

Thanks Lafoto, I actually cropped out a bit of the foreground land as I thought it took away from the sky. It's taken not far from Glendalough, up in the Wicklow Hills. There's never much emerald around there. I hope to get out for a walk later on, so will tru and find some nice green scenery for you! Mentos, we usually get heavy grey skies here, so it was great to see a bit of colour for a change. It makes such a difference for photography.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back