Landscape lens for aps-c Nikon body

If you're assertion is correct, there would be no great photos from the past as their gear was not as advanced as today's gear. I feel that some of the best photos are some of the ones on technically inferior equipment.
If you'd like to continue your arguing, please do so in a pm to me and save the thread for those responding to the op.

If you're assertion is correct, there would be no great photos from the past as their gear was not as advanced as today's gear. I feel that some of the best photos are some of the ones on technically inferior equipment.
If you'd like to continue your arguing, please do so in a pm to me and save the thread for those responding to the op.
Again your obfuscating and responding to things that no one claimed. No one said that gear was the only factor involved, simply one of many.

You have stated that it is not at all a consideration, at least on this thread. In another thread your talking about how, for yourself at least, only the top of the line gear will suffice and money apparently is no object.

So just trying to figure out which is true.. it's a bit confusing. Made more so by the fact that when your asked you keep responding to straw men. It's, well a little bizarre really.

Sent from my N9518 using Tapatalk

I don't expect you can ever understand, so don't bother. Good day.

As a wedding and portrait photographers for over a decade, I can honestly say that gear can in fact make a difference.
Where flash is not allowed, and people are not standing still for you to slow the shutter speed down to a second or more, there is a significant difference between a slow lens and a fast one. Part of this can be overcome with higher ISO, but again, you need better equipment to handle it.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Gear without an eye and ability to compose art makes little to no difference.

Wait, thought you were taking your ball and going home... Huh.

So quick question, how does one ever develop an eye, an ability to compose "art" without gear?

Should there be some sort of licensing system in which you have to prove you've been shooting long enough before your allowed to upgrade to a full frame camera or faster lenses?

So quick question, how does one ever develop an eye, an ability to compose "art" without gear?

Should there be some sort of licensing system in which you have to prove you've been shooting long enough before your allowed to upgrade to a full frame camera or faster lenses?

I had to register my business tax ID and show my portfolio to a state agency before I was allowed to get my D600's.
I also had to sign a document promising only to use them for good and never for evil.

I had to register my business tax ID and show my portfolio to a state agency before I was allowed to get my D600's.
I also had to sign a document promising only to use them for good and never for evil.

I just bought mine of ebay. Crap. Better hit a photographic forum and ask for some free legal advice pronto. I could be in some trouble.. lol

The important question is, should you use a UV filter to protect the lens or not??? :biggrin-93:

The important question is, should you use a UV filter to protect the lens or not??? :biggrin-93:
5ceb1aa7c9c36c37b9e1b59a3ecc5eb6.jpg

Always use a coaster, good manners.

Most reactions

Back