Landscape over the ocean.

I've not seen your last landscape but the sky of this one needs work to increase the contrast between the clouds and the atmosphere.
I would also level the horizon. Globally I would add some Clarity and some Vibrance.

35895733190_ecfefae25c_kedit.jpg

Yes (with Keith's correction).
You have interesting foreground ... the background water/sky is the weak point ... but still an improvement.

Great depth! In my opinion, the image could do with a subject in the foreground. This adds interestingness and help to direct viewers attention :)

This is much better than your initial ones. You have a nice foreground, the rocks, and then the ocean and the sky. As Keith noted you have to have the horizon "flat". Nothing will spoil a landscape/seascape like a tilted horizon. It would also be nice if you could have some how brought out the clouds a bit better. Maybe some increase in the contrast in the sky.

WesternGuy

I like your ratio of land/sea/sky but I think for these type of landscapes, you really need different light conditions for success. Either dawn/golden hour or sunset would have a more interesting sky and better light for your foreground.

Content and composition can compensate for the lighting to a large degree.
You can see from the shadows this photo was made with the sun high in the sky.
I was lucky the gull at upper right got into the frame just before I released the shutter.

Oregon Coast.jpg

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back