Landscape photography: the point of using a tripod?

:thumbup: A moment of silence for Kodak Ektar 25!

I have a small supply vacuum packed in the bottom of the freezer. For you first born I might consider parting with one roll. :lol: :lol: :lol:

So there is the tripod answer ... shooting with 25 or 32 ASA film + a tripod is a given.

... ah forgot Kodachrome 25 !!

I wish I could crank my DSLR down to 25 ISO.

I really never see product adds on TPF, just an add for the Brooks School of photography.

This post is a prime example of the idiocy exhibited by some of the posters of this thread. He's completely ignorant of the fact that I don't get "light tripod" adds popping up all over my computer, and the fact that 40 pounds is over 1/5 of my body weight. Then again, your mother probably neglected to teach you any manners.

Maybe you should fatten up, stop calling the photographers around here idoits or at least exhibiting idiocy, stop the pissing contest because you are becoming an A$$HOLE and gaining a bad reputation to everyone on this forum.

I think you should argue this topic with YOUR mother becuase I think SHE would have a better answer for you. Actually, no, you know what. Have her come along WITH you and carrry your damn tripod since you can't handle 1/5 of your body weight. Did you actually pull out a calculator to figure that up?

Dont take a tripod. You either hike to hike. Or Hike to photograph. Obviously you are NOT able to multitask.....

..."Don't come into the kitchen if you can't stand the heat"...

~Michael~

Maybe you should fatten up, stop calling the photographers around here idoits or at least exhibiting idiocy, stop the pissing contest because you are becoming an A$$HOLE and gaining a bad reputation to everyone on this forum.

The ones who rush to defend morons are the ones who are gaining a bad reputation. Don't think you can get away with being an @ss simply because you have a high opinion of yourself.

I think you should argue this topic with YOUR mother becuase I think SHE would have a better answer for you. Actually, no, you know what. Have her come along WITH you and carrry your damn tripod since you can't handle 1/5 of your body weight. Did you actually pull out a calculator to figure that up?

I rest my case.

Yeah.... make sure you use FedEx. UPS would deliver him bloodied and bruised. :lol:

Last edited:
my crappy best buy dynex has this nifty little thing in there that can come in handy sometimes...a level.

There's pretty much no point in using tripods for landscapes anymore unless you are exposure blending or exceeding the hand holding capabilities of todays perfectly great Nikon cameras.

Most reactions

Back