Landscape photos, seeking critiques

Hermie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
sirirontailfratley.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello, I've taken a bunch of pictures using a borrowed camera in Yosemite National Park, and I was hoping to get some critiques on a few of them.

Here are some of my favorites:

SnowCreek.jpg

HalfDomeSunset.jpg

CarrionCloseup.jpg

ForestCanyon.jpg

Opinions and suggestions encouraged!

#1 - It's a tiny bit overexposed...the snow is blown out. Image itself doesn't do anything for me. Maybe if the shot was taken from a lower point-of-view and looking up between the trees more.

#2 - Tricky exposure...looks like the trees are in shade and the mountain is catching some sun. This shot isn't doing much for me either. Other than the golden light hitting the mountain there is almost no color in this shot.

#3 - It's a little blurry...and a little noisy.

#4 - This shot is slightly overexposed too. Again, this shot isn't doing much for me. Maybe is the vibrance and saturation were increased a bit.

Your watermark is much too large and distracting.

The watermark is very distracting. You don't need to watermark your random snapshots, no one is going to take them. Watermarking is meant for professional quality images.

I agree with the critiques in the above post.

Tell us what YOU think about your pictures. There are some obvious problems on some of the pictures and you should be able (even as a beginner) to tell what is not quite right in these shots. Being your own critic is a first step towards improving the quality of your pictures. Once you identified the problems and if you don't know how to solve them, people on here will be happy to help.

The image quality defintely suffers because these were taken with an older point-and-shoot.

I used my brother's Canon Powershot A560 for those. Don't have my own camera yet.

Most reactions

Back