Landscape Sunset Help (350kb)

RSdreamphotos

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Greetings all!

This is my first post in the forum. I've taken some sunset shots over the past couple days, but I feel that something is lacking from them quite a bit...

Here's one that I really like, but seems there's something missing.

100_2167800x600.jpg

Anybody, please feel free to edit this photo

Kodak P880
12mm
F/5
1/4 sec
ISO-100

Thanks all!

Rob

Maybe too much at the top? I'd crop it down at the top of the cloud at the right. Get rid of the branches and what-not at the top of the shot. It would put the horizon near center, but the silhouette at the bottom give it some weight- I think. Better looking panorama type format.

I think you are lacking that dynamic feel because you have the horizon split in the middle of the picture. Try to use the rule of thirds (in this case placing the horizon on the top or bottom third of the photo) to give the picture a more dynamic feel.

Also I think there is too much forground in your picture. The brush is really distracting from the gorgeous sunset you've captured.

Personally I like it. I think maybe you should crop the top a bit to lift the horizon. Also, in my opiion, I think the two black dots in the water should be editted out.

I'de have kept the sun in the frame. With little cloud to have a dramatic sky apart from the gorgeous colours the shots a bit boring.

I would have shot that in portrait orientation and used the two trees on either side of the center as my frame. That would get rid of some of the "clutter" of the trees 'n' stuff. I would also have gotten the horizon towards the bottom third of the shot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back