Landscapes need people by Pascal Riben

What do you think about this gallery ?

• Poor gallery

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • May be you could sell your camera on E-bay ?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
What's so hard to understand.

Likewise.

I'm expressing my opinion on his set of photographs that I don't think landscapes need people. That should be an indication of my view on the whole set: I'd like them better if they didn't have people.

What's so hard to understand?

He even said he does do landscapes without people, if you can't understand that the concept then fine, but there's no need to try and continue an arguement.

He even said he does do landscapes without people, if you can't understand that the concept then fine, but there's no need to try and continue an arguement.

I'm expressing my opinion on his set of photographs

...not on his entire life's worth of images. You're right, this is a pointless argument.

More to what should be the point, many of the photos in the set, do not show that landscapes need people. The person is in some cases barely noticeable and does not contribute anything to the overall composition. In an other shot, a couple of people may contribute but another two or three or just visual distractions.

Perhaps landscapes need colour is a point that is proved by this set?

skieur

I like your work and voted to see more from you. Unfortunately, I don't think I will. There are few artsy members here and the few that show up from time to time don't last very long.

While you are still here, may I ask if you work with film or digital? A lot of your images (including in the other series) made me think of what amazing prints you could get with some nice, real photo paper.

By the way, I especially enjoyed "The Walls."

Hello Skieur,

Thank you for your post.

The person is in some cases barely noticeable and does not contribute anything to the overall composition.
skieur

Be sure that, even barely noticeable, each person(s) is essential for the overall composition.

Euh... I hope for your you're joking !

Hello Cloudwalker,

Thank you for your post and your feedback. And thank you for viewing my galleries.

While you are still here, may I ask if you work with film or digital? A lot of your images (including in the other series) made me think of what amazing prints you could get with some nice, real photo paper.

By the way, I especially enjoyed "The Walls."

Usually digital, but some pictures use film. For example, in "The Walls" :

Pascal Riben - Photographs | The Walls
Pascal Riben - Photographs | The Walls

I used film until 2004, then I bought my first DSLR.

Hello Skieur,

Thank you for your post.

The person is in some cases barely noticeable and does not contribute anything to the overall composition.
skieur

Be sure that, even barely noticeable, each person(s) is essential for the overall composition.

from SKIEUR: SO, by all means please explain using one photo how each person is ESSENTIAL for the overall compostion.

Euh... I hope for your you're joking !

Nope, I see black and white as it is used currently, as solely a means of avoiding some of the complexity of using colour. It does NOT add to the impact of an image.

skieur

Most reactions

New Topics

Back