AquaVelvet

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.aquavelvetgraphics.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hey !

This year for school I have to make 12 landscape photo's to make a calendar. I have really little experience in this area. I need to work on this for the whole year as we have to try and recreate the year ( seasons) in the photo's. I really mostly do studio photography, but lately really starting to enjoy landscapes too.

Anybody have some tips for me? At the moment I have a 18-55mm Kit lens. What should I pay most attention to?

Thanks!

The light.

Nothing makes or breaks a landscape more than the quality of the light. Sunrise and sunset (and just before and after these) will give you the best opportunities, but there's still a large amount of getting lucky with mother nature involved.

Use the massive amount of time you have to complete this project to do loads of research into each season, and you'll have a good idea of what you want to achieve when that time comes around.

Got any naked girl photos? They make GREAT calendars! :D

Anybody have some tips for me? At the moment I have a 18-55mm Kit lens. What should I pay most attention to?

Pay attention to the seasons you won't be able to photograph as they come along. Will you be able to shoot through the summer? If not, think of ways to recreate them. As mentioned, pay attention to light. Summer may involve more broad daylight shots.

I don't have a TON of experience with landscape shooting, but when I am going out to shoot landscape scenery, I watch for skies.
I want BLUE skies. Nothing blown out.
IMO, nothing ruins a landscape shot (when skies are included) than a blown out, white sky. EW.

thanks guy's!

Bifurcator, I do but not really what I need for this assignment :wink:

Chewbecca yea I notised that too! one of my pictures really turned out crappy because of the sky. I live in belgium we have like white sky's 80% of the time :lmao:

abraxas, no i'm afraid we have from now till may. Good thing is that this x-mas I'm in Norway so I do get to have some snow pictures. I would love some summer pictures, but i'm trying to use the last day's of sun over here in cold belgium!

Mark, thak you for that tip! I did not think about the times of the sun, where it stands at each time of the day and how I could work with that!! thank you!

Look at all the newest Alex_B-threads for inspiration!

Most reactions

Back