Landscapes!

Markw

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.outsidetherainbow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A little less dramatic than the title. Can you show me some landscapes you have shot and tell me what camera and lens (plus any filters used) in taking the shots? I am going to North Carolina for two weeks in July and would like some inspiration on what to shoot. Any landscapes will do.

Thanks alot.
Mark

The 4 shots in this thread were shot with a Pentax Spotmatic F with a 28mm Pentax Super-Multi-Coated lens on Fuji Reala. I used a polariser for pictures 1 to 3 and a 2 stops ND grad over the sky for pictures 2 to 4. Aperture was set at f16-f22 for deep DOF and the camera was set on a tripod.

I also forgot that a warming filter (81B) was used on the last shot.

The polariser was a Cokin P and all other filters were from Hi-tech/Formatt, used in a Cokin P filter holder.

Finally, I always use a cable release to avoid any unwanted movement when pressing the shutter.

there are some here. More snapshots for my family, but I particularly like these two.

I use a Nikon D90 and a 16-85 VF f/3.5 with a CPL for most of my landscape stuff. For my wildlife, I use the Nikkor 70-300 VR f/4.5
chimney_01.jpg

pasture_1024.jpg

It was an attempt to do HDR, and I have since lost the originals when my HS failed last fall/winter.

I took this along time ago in the Big South Fork. It was just an XTI with the kit lens.

IMG_1343.jpg

Here's a couple from Starved Rock State Park, Utica, Illinois. It's about an hour from my home. This was my first outing with my D300. No filters that day, although I have a decent set of Cokin P-series filters now.

These were shot with the Nikon VR, 18 - 55mm, 1:3.5 - 5.6 Kit lens.
ISO 200 f5.6 1/640
512874607_r7Kns-L.jpg

ISO 200 f7.1 1/50
409483618_MwwTZ-L-1.jpg

ISO 200 f25 1/40
512876065_CPziW-L.jpg

Here's the whole gallery,if you like. You can mouse over the large photo, and click on the Blue I for the camera info.

Ok, I feel like sharing today. Here's a couple more.

Look close at the sky, you can see that the top of the sky is a deeper blue than the lower. I was using a ND graduated filter for these.

425632777_FMS3P-M-2.jpg

I think I also had a circular polarizer and the ND grad filter for this one. :)
425579825_irrPo-M-2.jpg

Most reactions

Back