Landscapes

woodsac

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.around395.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Last pics tonight. These were taken the same day as the sheep and Manzanar photos I posted earlier. I took a lot of photos last weekend. I'm just now getting around to working on them.

I'm not happy with #1. I tried cropping it higher, lower, left, right? Applied a couple of filters, b/w, blah, blah, blah. Is it just a boring picture? Maybe it's the flat landscape? Any suggestions?

48252614-L.jpg

48252687-L.jpg

dang cool shot on the first one.... that one just grabs me... with the big mountians, and the foot hills in the front......killer shot! love it!

Yea man, first shot is awesome, the second seems like it's too narrow, like I'm not seeing something out of frame that would add to the photo. Basically, what would happen if you could get a wider angle?

Thanks guys.

Eightball Walker said:
Yea man, first shot is awesome, the second seems like it's too narrow, like I'm not seeing something out of frame that would add to the photo. Basically, what would happen if you could get a wider angle?
I'd have a picture of a billboard on the left :mrgreen:

Great shots Woodsac. Both are excellent, but the first one is sweet. Nice!!!!!!!!!!

#1 is a beauty! perfectly exposed and i love the reflection :D
thank you for sharing :D

Love number two....sweet contrast. Would prob crop some sky tho.
No. 1 is a sweet shot but I think the FG is just too busy on the left side...that broken palette does nuthin for it....my eye gets drawn to that corner.
Really nice contrast and saturation tho. :D

Thanks for the compliments!
Raymond J Barlow said:
amazing shots Woodsac, I like them both! do you use a tripod for these types of shots?
I rarely ever use a tripod :blushing: Most of my lenses are Canon IS models. And the IS does make a difference! The tripod would prolly make em even better, I'm just usually too lazy to pull it out :confused:

Not happy with number one?? Are you blind? That shots is gorgeous!

You have such a knack for landscapes man, I'm so envious.

Verbal said:
Not happy with number one?? Are you blind? That shots is gorgeous!

You have such a knack for landscapes man, I'm so envious.
Thanks Jon! That's exactly what I think every time I see you or anyone else posting city pics. Not just tall buildings, but brick, or alley ways or modern buildings. I love all the texture and lines! But, we don't have any of that here. We don't have a building or house taller than two stories :er: So I shoot what I see ;)

How can you find these photo "boring" ?!?!?

They are anything BUT boring! I find them STUNNING!
The landscape anyway (since my eyes see a very, very different landscape every day!), and also your framing it and capturing it, making the sky almost black-blue with your filters. These photos are so wow-y, there's hardly any words for it!

Thank you!

I don't know LaFoto, maybe because this is what I always see? Maybe because the other photogs here raise the bar so high with their stunning photos? Maybe because I only get to shoot landscapes (almost only)?

You guys all make me feel like I do a good job with them. But, I guess sometimes, I just think they're boring because I want to shoot something new :wink:

Jeff, where ya been man?

the first is great! but if you want to make it even better try cropping half of the sky to make a pano picture....

Most reactions

Back