Lane & Quinn Lots of photos.

craig

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
craigblank.com
Not sure which one is which. The ladies were amazing to work with. Mostly professional and certainly on top of their game. Nightmare on my end. I was down to one light. Thanks to my first and probably last Ebay (non) purchase of light bulbs for my Speedotron head. Plus one of my cards pooped out, but I was able to recover. Moral of the story; never cancel a shoot. Make due with what ya got.

It would mean a lot to me to hear your thoughts on these photos.

Please note that this is only a quickie edit. Basically I only give the full edit to the clients picks.

Love & Bass

lanequinn0006ii1.jpg

lanequinn0106sg9.jpg

lanequinn0251bq3.jpg

lanequinn0050sj7.jpg

lanequinn0069mz8.jpg

lanequinn0131op6.jpg

Last edited:
I think they are fabulous! They look very comfortable in front of the lens. Something I rarely find with children. The first 2 have some lighting problems though. First one, the light is hitting her face in a way that makes her eye socket / cheek elevations show more than I would like to see. A quick edit in PS could tone that down. And the 2nd is just too bright on the left side. I am usually a lot more forgiving than most on here when it comes to hot spots, but that is just too bright. They still look fine though.

Doug Raflik

They are so beautiful! The last one is my favorite.

Well... I gotta ask.... on images 1 and 3.... ummm.... ya got a bird in the studio?

The last view is really doin' it for me! I like the warmth. Love it, love it, love it!

-Pete

The hair/back light is way too bright. You said you were down to one light, so is that natural light coming in? Either way, it's blowing out everything it's touching.
Besides the highlight on the left side, that last shot is an absolute winner...well done.

Thanks Mike! I may have to tone these down slightly. The light is flashed off a foamcore behind her and bounced off a foamcore in font of her face. I should read it again, but at the time I was getting a 3-12% total ink in her hair.

Love & Bass

Wow, these are excellent! Love the lighting and expressions. The thing that bugs me about the jumping one is the motion blur.

Thank you! Not crazy about the blurr either. I would definitely like to try it again. I like the concept. Need less to say it was really tough getting that shot.

Love & Bass

I have to agree about the hair light. WAY blown out. I doubt too that any post work would bring it back to a level of detail that you'd need for this shot to really work, lighting-wise. I love the poses though- lots of fun shots and I think you have a knack for showing their personalities. Wonderful poses.

What is the name for this style of light? Is this what is called High-Key? I’m not sure myself. I think you did a good job because there is consistency over all images. As for the style I don’t sure about it. My favs are #s 6, 1 & 2

Most reactions

New Topics

Back