Langford Church, Oxfordshire (b&w)

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by tb2, May 19, 2006.

1. tb2

tb2 TPF Noob!

A photograph taken on an overcast day with a white sky, so I tried to increase the interest by making use of whatever contrast was available. The shot works better in black & white. For more info go to http://photoreflect.blogspot.com

[​IMG]

2. ThomThomsk

ThomThomsk TPF Noob!

Shame about the sky - I assume there is no information in the hightlights at all to burn in? But what an interesting image - what sticks out is that Italianate central tower on what is otherwise a standard mediaeval English church. It looks like a bit of Tuscany has been dropped into rural Oxfordshire.

3. tb2

tb2 TPF Noob!

Thanks Thom. No, there was nothing in the sky that I could work with. Some might pop a new sky into a shot like this, but that's not my way. You're right about the church. It's a bit of an oddity for the reasons you note, but fascinating for it too.

Regards, Tony

http://photoreflect.blogspot.com

4. tempra

tempra TPF Noob!

Heh, the further west you get in Oxfordshire, the more laid back people get - even when they're buried.

Weird looking church eh.

5. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Oh, other Tony (tb2 is a Tony and tempra is a Tony, too), you are sooo funny. "The more laid back people get...." :lol: