Laponia Landscape

Alex_B

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
One from the hike I just returned from.

Taken near the Saltoluokta Sami village (in Lapland).
In the background one can see the Stora Sjöfallet mountain range and further to the left (outside the image) lies the westernmost part of the Sarek Massif.

Walking into Sarek is not possible yet, since there is still too much snow and ice. People who tried a couple of days ago did not get through.

09850.jpg

That's a great photo. I like how you can see so far down the river and the clouds.

For a second I thought "Laponia" was a typo for "Ladonia"! :).

That's a great photo. I like how you can see so far down the river and the clouds.

Thanks :) It is a lake actually, and the photographer is standing about 300m above that lake. The mountains in the background are about 15 km away is my guess, could look it up on the map.

For a second I thought "Laponia" was a typo for "Ladonia"! :).

Well, Ladonia is about 1400 km south of here ... and i am sure they rotated "p" to "d" on purpose ;)

What a peaceful scene :) I really like how my eyes are drawn to the snowcapped mountains in the distance.

very peaceful indeed .. if it wasn't for the buzzing mosquitos ;)

anyone else? ;)

Walking into Sarek is not possible yet, since there is still too much snow and ice.
What? Strap on the crampons and get hiking! :lol: j/k

What a superb area to be hiking in. Stunning.
Nice shot too. The peaks really pull you in to the scene as they recede.

What? Strap on the crampons and get hiking! :lol: j/k

What a superb area to be hiking in. Stunning.
Nice shot too. The peaks really pull you in to the scene as they recede.

thanks!

yes, I like it there ... as for the crampons, that regions i known for people to disappear ;) lots of glaciers, some die in avalanches, others drown when trying to cross the streams of melting water. And hikers who try it there are usually tough and experienced, so if they do not get through, there is no way through ;)

This is not like US National parks, so there are no Park rangers patrolling,there are no bridges in some parts and no paths in many valleys. You might just spend a day trying to cross a swamp or to find a time and place to cross a river. Under perfect conditions, crossing the Sarek area takes about 5-6 days minimum. Under not so perfect conditions it might be 10 days to impossible ;)

very very nice Alex very nice indeed

man, i would be tempted to camp out a couple days RIGHT their and keep shooting it as the light changed.

what a location!

Thanks both! :)

man, i would be tempted to camp out a couple days RIGHT their and keep shooting it as the light changed.

what a location!

Well, to be honest I'd like to live there ... but there is no permanent job for me there .. would be different if reindeer herding was my profession :p

[SIZE=-1]Tack så mycket![/SIZE]

:stun: Can you say that on a public forum???

(j/k. varså god )

That's a jawdroppingly beautiful scene. Nice composition, that really draws the viewers eyes into the shot.

Prata du Svenska? not really I guess ;)

Most reactions

Back