Laptop woes

Kendall9991

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hoping someone here is familiar with pc's.

I completely Restored it so I could start from scratch. Below is just a copy of what I sent to ASUS support. It is an ASUS X54C laptop running Windows 7 64-bit.

I performed a complete restore of the system and everything has worked great except I can not connect to wifi now. It worked before the restore so I know it has an internal wifi adapter.

It does not have any option for it anywhere. I have tried installing all 4 different drivers off of your website with no luck. I am not sure were to go from here now however.

Under device managers, the only one listed under "Network adapters" is "Atheros AR8151 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20)"

Underneath "Other devices" the only thing displayed is "Network Controller" which has a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark in it.

When I tried installing the drivers, it said that the network adapter was either removed or ejected. Windows can also not find a driver for this.

Worst case scenario, you could get a little USB adapter. I have one on my PC and it works fine.

Make sure to add the following disclaimer to your post:

Please do not suggest I start buying Apple computers.

Most reactions

Back