Laptop

Deneuve

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'm currently looking for a new laptop with newer specs to be able to run editing software smoothly, so RAM 8/12 gb. Among the details I'm looking into, however, is screen properties since my current laptop isn't made for editing purposes and therefore, my photos look dimmer on other devices and when printed. Do you have any recommendations on recent laptops for that purpose? I've been checking Asus mainly. As far as price range goes, my limit is 1000 euros. I wouldn't really want to order online, I'll be checking at Parisian tech stores, if that's of any relevance to the topic. Thank you!

You will want one with an IPS display and an actual video card. Processor and memory to what you can afford, obviously the faster the better for rendering large picture files.

I am in the market as well. But for me I use desktop at home. And laptop is used for work and some photo editing. As much as I travel they tend to get beat up. The one I am on now is about 30 months old and is starting to get finicky. I think there are a couple what they call soft faults inside with connections. Unfortunately the desktop is older and the monitors need replacing. So, I will probably order it first.

Get as much RAM as far as you can afford. Consider adding a regular monitor to the laptop later, if you have room.

I'm planning on replacing this one, probably at the end of the year.

If you never use more than 16gb of ram, why buy 32?

Id be more concerned with getting the best processor I could afford. And as little cores as possible if using Lightroom, since Adobes developers are trolls.

Thank you for the opinions and the links. I'll make sure to follow your advice! Finally, do you have any preference for a brand or that wouldn't be of importance?

Most reactions

Back