Large Gallery 56k No No

Tyson

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.tls-photo.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Give me your honest C&C, please take some time and let me know what you think.

Please pick the best.

Side.jpg

BridgeMedium.jpg

InsideMedium.jpg

OldBarnMedium.jpg

frontMedium.jpg

OilTanksMedium.jpg

corncribMedium.jpg

croselyMedium.jpg

RussMedium.jpg

Oldbarn2Medium.jpg

This is a pretty good series. For the first one, I think that if you would have included all of the bridge (like you did in the second one) it would be a little bit better.
For the second, I find the grass in the foreground distracting. But I do like the angle of the bridge you captured.
The third looks good
The fourth one is a good image. I think that if you turn up the saturation a little bit, you would have better colors. But I like this one and thats a cool barn.
I think the fifth would be a better if you would have shot a little bit more to the right and included more of the "nature" on the right side of the bridge.
For the sixth, maybe a crop to put the tanks in the lower right hand corner?
Seven just looks okay, I don't think it was the best subject to capture. It took me a while to notice that it was corn in there.
I think eight and nine look good
I also like number 10. But I also think (like with number four) that you could turn up the saturation.

You have some good images here. Turning up your saturation and maybe sharpening the photos I think will bring better results.

By the way, where were these taken? I know it's not the same bridge, but up here in Richfield, we have a similar looking red birdge, the Everette Road Covered Bridge. I love going there to take pictures.

Lallsburg TWP. Ohio This is the girl scout rd bridge. It is a private owned bridge on a public rd.

i really like the symbolic nature of #3 perhaps it could be improved on keeping the center and zooming in a little bit to highlight the contrast between civilization and nature

Well, I am most attracted to that ramshackle shed in 4 and 10 and feel like colour and compositionwise 10 is superior to 4. I assume that both 7 and 8 give us a peak inside that shed? I am sure that with a bit of playing in PS you could give that old car some more contrasts and colours so it'd really stand out - as it is, it is a little pale. I know that it IS pale and its colour coating has gone all amiss in the course of time, but, you know...

Is it you posing with your dog?
Who took that photo?
Your dog is carrying something that looks funny ... :scratch:

I think I like the "hiding in the grass"-photo of the covered bridge best of all your covered-bridge-pics. It has this certain sense of secrecy. You could invent a story around it ...

I like them all Nice work, You might want to invest into a polarizer. It will really help knock out glare and bring out more blue in the sky. Polarizers are a must for outside...
Cosmo

I like the work a lot. Then I'm into old things. Now don't take this wrong but you will get a lot better technical advice from others. I can only comment on the feel of them with anything near competance.

1. The crop is wrong but that's been mentioned.
2. The foreground works well but I would have liked to have seen it shot from a higher perpective not quite so close to the ground. But I would NOT have traded the foreground for perspective. So if that was a tall as the weeds were you did right.
3. is almost as perfect as it gets and the only problem is not yours. that large open space in the side of the bridge is distacting but nothing you could have done about expect maybe darken that area to make the second opening the focal point. I did it on a quick test and it helps. the smaller opening isnt as distracting because it is darker.
4. is nice in a postcard kind of way.
5 is just the correct shot of one.
6 is nice study in lines
7 too confusing with no real interest point for me
8 would be helped by a minor crop on the left side to crop out the red thing by the post but not much point there wasn't a better angle on the truck I can tell by the position of the post. Maybe different lighting would have helped an over all darker feel for the shot kind of thing, I did the darker thing and it works better for me,
9. I like the shot of the farmer and his dog. the fact that you left the silo in the left corner gives the shot balance and allows you to give the feel of openness a point.
10. For me ten could have been a real ho hum shot but there is a mystery about what is in taht large dark space that bring some fantasy to the viewer's mind.

This is just my openion.and I was asked for a detailed critique and I tried to be honest and helpful. Others will most likely see it differently and that is a good thing.

Thank you I like to hear everyones thoughts, the only way I will get better is for someone to tell me what I could have done different.

i think 4 and 10 are the most sucessful shots.... if you can get a polarizer, it would help with the sky being too bright when exposing for something (like the barn) in the forground.... the others dont do much for me.... i think becasue there isnt a strong enough composition in any of them... but then photography is often a case of hit and miss... and different tastes... so just keep going to improve your camera eye.

there all cool !!

I think 1 and 4 my favorite due to comps...

I love this abandoned stuff....

Most reactions

Back