'Large Zoom' SLR type.

been looking around the internet and seen on ebay that you can get wide angled and tele (im assuming tele adds to the zoom) lenses for the 5800,

do these actually work well? because if so it might be worth gettin 5800 because it is slightly smaller and gettin some of these attachments

*EDIT if there much differance between the 5700 and the 5800? on a tigh budget is the 800 worth the extra £15?

Sorry to take the discussion in a whole new direction, but I would SERIOUSLY consider waiting a few more months, saving up a few hundred and buying an entry level Canon DSLR like the 400D or even one of the older ones.

You won't be dissapointed. The Fujis, while SLR-like, are just bigger than a normal P+S and have bigger zoom. They are still point and shoot cameras. If you're serious about getting into photography, a DSLR really is the way to go, both in quality and usability.

i'd like todo that. but im getting £20 a month towards this camera at themoment. even less perhaps.

Hmm.. I would probably still save up for the S6500. What kind of price are they going for? Sorry to ask, but I'm on my grandma's computer which has enough trouble booting up Internet Explorer, let alone a image-heavy site like Ebay.

But if you realy can't afford it, just stick with the 5700, and maybe try to get it cheaper used.

To answer your question: Only use wide-angle adaptors if you have to. In any case, adding glass to the camera will only make the image quality worse. If you're talking about proper lenses, though, you'll be fine, but they will be expensive.

Sorry, the computer's starting to pack up now, I've gotta go >_<

the 5700 doesnt take propperly lenses i thought?

and the 6500 including a memory card is gna cost me about 150. the 5800 with memory about 120 and the 5700 with memory about 110.

the 5700 doesnt take propperly lenses i thought?

and the 6500 including a memory card is gna cost me about 150. the 5800 with memory about 120 and the 5700 with memory about 110.

Sometimes, it's better to buckle down, buy what you can't afford, and not have any regrets ;)

I don't know what pricing you can get on these, but the Canon S5 and Panasonic FZ18 are the most popular superzooms. These along with the Olympus 560UZ and Sony DSC-H9 would all be comparable to the Fuji 5700.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
From what I understand on add-on lenses for cameras such as you are looking at, you will pay more or almost more for the lenses than the camera itself.

I looked at those cheaper telephoto and wide angle add-on lenses for my S5700 when I first came to this forum. Everyone told me quality would suffer quite a bit. Looking further, there are some quality lenses, but they will cost $100+ (USD) compared to the $20-40 stuff you find on e-bay.

If you are interested in a less expensive camera such as the advanced point and shoots and adding on telephoto converters and such, you may as well spend the money on the beginner's dSLRs that are available as you will have nearly that much money into it anyways.

I have a feeling TC will switch back to his old film camera.

im assuiming TC is me?

im not a big photographer or anything and not obsesssede with quality but just wondering if in the future i might need extrasss.

And i just really need to go digital, film is sooo impractical for me!

TC = Topic creator, so yes.

I'm just saying because after weeks of buying that camera, you're gonna feel limited with what you have. But, I suppose if all you're gonna be doing are snapshots, then I guess it's fine.

I'm gonna go along with "saving money for the cheapest DSLR you can afford" plan.

evo what would you say the cheapest would be then that would fit my canon lens

on the lens it says 'canon zoomlens, ef 35-80mm, power zoom

EF, you say? I'd get the 350D, used if you're really being tight. What's the f-number?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back