Las Posadas - Los Angeles

Seefutlung

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.garyayala.smugmug.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Last Week I hit the opening day of Las Posadas (The Inn) at Olvera Street in Los Angeles. (Olvera Street is the historic "First Street" of Los Angeles.)

Las Posadas is a Mexican reenactment of Joseph and Mary as they sought out shelter. Traditionally the reenactment is carried out all in song with participants and spectators all contributing to the reenactment. Posadas are carried out in Mexico for nine days from December 16 through December 24th.

My snaps are here:

http://garyayala.smugmug.com/gallery/4047037#235654699

Gary
PS- Merry Christmas and Season's Greetings to all

235655392-L.jpg

235654699-L.jpg

235654640-L.jpg

Love the last one, the composition is nice and makes you dream of that moment, I used to go to posadas back in Mexico many many years ago :)
Happy Holidays!!!

I must say that the photo which I like best has not even been chosen for presentation here on TPF. It is Photo 4 of your slideshow (followed immediately by Photo 23). That girl (or is it two different ones?) is very pretty, too.

Did you set your camera to ISO 3200 for most of the photos?

Your last of the slideshow is one for our Darkside Gallery in the Photo Themes ;).

I must say that the photo which I like best has not even been chosen for presentation here on TPF. It is Photo 4 of your slideshow (followed immediately by Photo 23). That girl (or is it two different ones?) is very pretty, too.

Did you set your camera to ISO 3200 for most of the photos?

Your last of the slideshow is one for our Darkside Gallery in the Photo Themes ;).

Thanks LaFoto. I also liked #4, but it didn't say "Las Posadas" ... being limited to just a few for TPF ... she didn't make the cut. I shot at a combo of 1600 and 3200. Las Posadas was very challenging to shoot. Lighting was very poor, cramped quarters and very crowded.

The last shot were trinkets in one of the shops, the trinkets celebrate "Day of the Day" ... a very interesting Mexican/Aztec holiday.
see: http://garyayala.smugmug.com/gallery/2101562#108553204

Here's your #4 Photo
235654501-L.jpg

Feliz Navidad

Gary

Muchísimas graciar por incluir "mi" foto número 4 :D :mrgreen: :biggrin: !
Feliz Navidad a tí, también.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back