Last Chance For Color

ccd333

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
community.webshots.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Final glow of the evening over Boyd Lake and the Front Range of the Colorado Rockies.

Sony DSC-W1
ISO 100
Focal Length 8mm
Aperture f/6
Tripod

Boyd2.jpg

i like this composition and the sky is awesome, but, the image looks extremely over sharpened. did you PS this?

I have a software editing program called Irfan View. I sharpened one small setting with it. I disagree with you on the "extreme" oversharpening. It might be a tad oversharpened....but then my camera takes sharp pics anyway. I don't like soft photos. I feel like the sharpening really helped bring out whatever detail was in the foreground. Too each his own. :)

whoohooo... you amazed me with this shot... lack of words...

Nice colours and reflection but I'm with jonmikal on this one.. It does look a bit 'crisp' especially the peaks of the mountains.

I think it looks great. It would have been even better if you could have positioned yourself so that the bottom half of the shot was totally water, to have got a mirror image of the sky, because I don't think the reeds (?) and stuff at the bottom of the shot add much to it: the real impact for me is the mountains and the sky.

Mind you, had I taken this same photo I'd have been more than happy. Great shot 8)

Very interesting replies and contrasts to other opinions. Let me share an excerpt with you what another critiquer elsewhere said about it (contrasting sharply with the other views about the foreground):

"To me, the fundamental difference here is the greater sense of "place". The foreground really lets you feel like your standing on a shoreline, or in shallow water. In other words, the level of immersion is higher. Where as a number of the other shots feel more zoomed in, and lose some of that sensibility. Here the eye can roam around and explore all aspects of the frame without being drawn as strongly to the horizon line. The clouds, reflection, grass and the mountains in the distance all seem to work together well without one becoming overly dominating. As a result, it feels very balanced."

Most reactions

New Topics

Back