Last Chance

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by gladounian, Oct 15, 2007.

1. gladounian

gladounian TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Well thuis is the last chance for me to show you guys at least a half descent picture that i have taken. I think this picture is amazing, but again, tell me what you think. This picture does look really good though. Here's the link: http://www.picable.com/Food/Vegetables/Salad.51918

2. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit

OK, so we best not rob you of this notion and stay quiet about it.
    Agreed?

3. gladounian

gladounian TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    No. not agreed. If i want input you have no right to rob me from it. My opinion is obviously different then everybody else's. When i want input i want input:grumpy:.

4. Steph

Steph No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    OK!! This is a blurred snapshot of a salad!! It does not do anything for me. The subject is not interesting, the composition is snapshotish (at best) and technically the shot does not appeal to me either (it looks like motion blur). It looks like you pressed the shutter by mistake in your kitchen.

5. NateS

NateS TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I'll agree with the above and add that it's very overexposed or you used an in camera flash on a closeup picture of salad. I guess I just don't get it.

6. WolfSpring

WolfSpring TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    So I'm the noob here and maybe don't have a clue, but are most of your pics on that site scanned? What kind of camera are you using in these shots, what kind of lens? Art truely is in the eye of the beholder, but if others don't see it your way you can not get defensive, if you need comments, critisism and advice you have to go with what is said, and take what you can get and dump the rest. But to come in asking for an opinion and then be upset with that opionion is asking for heartache. I'm sure if you were to ask why people don't like your work, or what you could have done better to correct what they don't like, such as focus. Maybe your camera has something wrong that most of your pictures are slightly out of focus. Maybe it is set for to slow of a speed and you are not bracing yourself. These people are here to help you become a better photographer, not tell you they love all your work and you have nothing to improve on. I'm sorry if this is rude, but seriously, take advantage of this great tool placed in front of you and give a little more info on what you are trying to do and the tools you are using. :)

7. Mike_E

Mike_E No longer a newbie, moving up!

The Upper West Side of Mississippi (you have no i
    Photos OK to edit
    Don't you just hate it when they mess with your Meds?

8. Hill202

Hill202 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit

:lmao:

9. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    How do you expect anyone to give you input if you introduce your photo with the words "I find it amazing" -- I really really wonder here!
    You find it amazing.
    I mean, that is the BEST a photo can do for you.

This may be far from being "the best photo", but, you know, as long as it makes you as happy as can be ... there is little we can still say about it.

10. (Ghastly) Krueger

(Ghastly) Krueger TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Sorry to butt in... but... isn't it normal to proceed like the OP? Make a picture we like, post it and ask for comments? Or should people post pics they think are bad in this gallery? Or say "I find it amazing, don't argue about it"? So he finds a pic amazing and some find it bellow par. Maybe this will raise his standards... if nobody answers, he will continue thinking those are amazing pics.

11. NateS

NateS TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Maybe it's just me, but I'm a little put-off when he states so many times about how good the picture is and calls it "overall perfect!" in the link. If he's that convinced that it's an excellent photo, then he shouldn't really need a critique.

12. JHF Photography

JHF Photography TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Ok, first off - why is this the "last chance"? From the tone of your post, it makes it sound like if we comment and you don't like what you hear, you're leaving. So right off the bat, we figure, like LaPhoto did, that you don't want to hear what we really think.

Now, onto the image. The image is blurry and overexposed. Not sure the exact reason of the bluriness, there are 2 main reasons. It could be that you have camera shake from handholding the shot with the shutter speed set too slow, in this case you would need to either use a tripod or raise the shutter speed. The second reason could be that the shot is just plain old out of focus, although I do suspect it is more than likely camera shake.