Last Day of Winter

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by Abby Rose, Mar 22, 2010.

1. Abby Rose

Abby Rose TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    An unusually warm day, about 60 F. Ironically, it snowed the next day. :lol:

I had some fun, but no spectacular pictures. As usual. :) CC if you wish. It's kind of a lot for a CC thread so I didnt put that in the title.

1. Frog statue
    [​IMG]

2. Forgotten tennis ball
    [​IMG]

3. Forgotten baseball, black and white except for the red stitching. Should the whole thing be black and white?
    [​IMG]

4. Weed - this is a pretty tight crop, and probably not in the best place. I got a similar one to this that I actually like a few weeks ago.
    [​IMG]

5. Drowned baseballs
    [​IMG]

6. Spider - really really really close crop. And I had the camera as close to the water as I could without getting my reflection, too. :er:
    [​IMG]

7. The sky - but I'm not sure why it looks "like that". Soft, out of focus, grainy? I think I may have had the iso too high... anyway. This wasnt really something I was planning to keep. The clouds were interesting, I took a picture, and instead of being all blown out like I expected the sun had some rays. So I kept it. But I cant figure out what is wrong...
    [​IMG]

8. Ducks. A white appleyard and an ancona, if anyones interested. :)
    [​IMG]

9. Kitty. I wish Chuck, the ancona, had kept his head out of the way though.
    [​IMG]

10. The sky again, with the driveway this time. It just kept getting cloudier and cloudier. Also sort of grainy? Not as bad as the other one, I dont think.
    [​IMG]

2. Bitter Jeweler

Bitter Jeweler Been spending a lot of time on here!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I like the up close and personal of the frog. I like the lines behind it. I like the vertical lines of the tree line. I think it could use a little contrast adjustment to help it pop a wee bit more. I am wondering if you could have shot from a few inches higher, to capture the tree line, but not the blown sky? I fear it would change the lines too much though, and you'd have too much "bowl" in the shot. I think the lines in the back lead your eye to the focus of the frogs face. That's my concern if they were higher, they wouldn't.