Last minute advice, shooting my first wedding.

ecphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm shooting my sister in laws wedding in two days. I've practiced as much as I can and have read every book I can get ahold of

Any last minute advice?

Know your equipment inside and out, keep your mind on quality photos (not quantity), and strive for good exposures in camera.
The important pictures are just that...don't worry about getting creative until you've shot what you absolutely need to get.
Do not go in with the attitude that you can 'fix it later'. You'll be sorry...
Take your time and be deliberate. It's easy to get caught up in the excitement of the day and forget what you need to do...stay focused...literally.

Don't be afraid to get in peoples face. Make sure you're fluent in camera settings, so you can shoot quickly. Shoot bursts (assuming your cards allow the capacity), and don't forget about your composition, try to frame the shots accurately.

Don't miss the kiss!! Like I did... lol

Specifically tell them to try to hold the kiss for a while so you can get a good shot of it. If you dont tell them to do this they might make it a real cheap quick kiss and you miss the shot and it would be boring anyway. Tell them to ham it up for some of the really important moments.

Fresh batteries (or freshly charged), have a list quadruple check and pack everything the night before and double check it as you're putting it in the car.

Have a checklist of the shots you want and carry it!

Have an itinerary and follow it.

Don't be bashful about giving directions but don't be dictatorial about it.

Understand that you need to be emotional to portray those emotions, that you'll be on a roller-coaster ride from start to finish but NEVER let your emotions control you.

Shoot RAW if you can and back up your images before you take off your shoes no matter how badly your feet hurt.--Be SURE to wear comfortable shoes!!!

Make sure you have your own snacks and water, trail mix and Gator-aid work well for me, stay hydrated and keep your blood-sugar levels right or you will wear out and your work will suffer (camera shake starts early and stays late when you tire), you can't and shouldn't depend on taking breaks and being able to stop and eat with the guests (whether you're family or not).

I don't care how dumb it looks, a mono-pod is your friend. If you can't afford a good one, get a cheap tripod with a rising center post and ball-bungee the legs together.

Good luck!

mike

Take your time
If you miss something important, like THE kiss or the ring exchange, have them do it again after the ceremony. It happens to top pro photographers, it can happen to you. Don`t panic, they`ll understand.
Have a back up camera and a back up flash. If you have time, location scout the day before, where you are going to take the pictures (i.e. church, venue, park, bride`s home etc.).
Remember to have fun...if possible.

Good luck

Don't miss the kiss!! Like I did... lol

Specifically tell them to try to hold the kiss for a while so you can get a good shot of it. If you dont tell them to do this they might make it a real cheap quick kiss and you miss the shot and it would be boring anyway. Tell them to ham it up for some of the really important moments.
And thats exactly what it was lol.. my first wedding, just kinda followed along. I made up the shot at the couples shoot at the end lol.

Never leave your bride! Rule #1

So you can capture every emotion/moments.

:lol: you sick b@stard. That's when you use the P on the dial...(Perv Mode).

Most reactions

Back