Last Night's Batch

I knew there had to be a good reason. :oops:

I agree that color processing is not for the home. The darkroom is definitely a special place!!! One could argue that the world is in colour, so of course BW is going to be more dramatic. I believe that it is the photographers choice. I shoot color, you shoot BW, she shoots only digital. Ultimately there is no correct answer.

Speaking with my wife about cameras is difficult in the sense that it is hard for her to comprehend just how much gear a person needs. (she is a accountant by trade) Periodically we both buy toys, so in closer observation I can't complain.

I used to shoot a lot more color when I worked at a photo lab, and could get 1/2 price processing. There's a bag full (about 200 rolls 35mm) of exposed, but undeveloped C41 in my freezer that's probably going to cost over $1000 to get processed. Since I filled that bag I don't shoot color film unless some else is paying. $1000 would be a heck of a digital camera or two nice LF lenses.

I have a similar pile of film. In my infinite wisdom a lot of the rolls are only partially exposed. I also confess that since I have gotten my digi, interest in film is fading fast. Maybe when I die my kids will develop them and the photos will become famous. (yeah, right craig)

Know there is a question: How long can the "latent" image last before it deteriorates? Assuming that you can correct slight color shifts and assuming that it has not been refrigerated.

Most reactions

Back