last of dc folklife festival

JonMikal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
here are the last i could manage to save out of the bunch. it was wonderful watching the people of koret perform. i was able to talk with them afterwards...such gracious people. sorry if i'm misspelling the name of their country, i'll be returning tomorrow to see their last performance...i'll try to get some wide angle shots then and the proper spelling of their country...i'm sure i've blown it all to he**. my focus thursday was closeups:

during one performance, these guys stood here for 30 minutes:

26801328-L.jpg

the canes were hurled in the air quite often and used as 'swords' during fighting scenes:

26801325-L.jpg

some of these guys had the latest in sandleware:

26801322-L.jpg

lots of drums and bagpipe music...the chants would go on and on and draw you in..

26801330-L.jpg

lots of emotion

26801332-L.jpg

the man with the lowered head is 97 years old...sorry for the poor quality

26801320-L.jpg

leena, my translator

26801314-L.jpg

that's it...ya know, you become so attached to these guys. their charm and 'wonder of our country' really grabs you! thanks again for viewing!

JonMikal said:
it was wonderful watching the people of koret perform.
Hi Jon,

Did you mean Qatar or Kuwait?

From your earlier series, the gentlemen with the daggers looks like Omani (country - Sultanate of Oman) nationals. Daggers are part of their traditional attire.

Great series, by the way!!! :thumbup:

Wow. Another awesome series Jon. Very well done.

danalec99 said:
Did you mean Qatar or Kuwait?

It probably is and i've just been trying to interpret what it sounds like they're saying. hopefully there will be some written info available. thanks for the comment.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back