Last Try!!! (For a while at least)

Sc00b3rts

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Here is another picture I took, any comments appreciated and feel free to edit.

StreamRMNP2006.jpg

I LOVE THIS! It's amazing and beautiful! :D

I definitely like it but I'd crop out the sky and I find the bush on the left a bit distracting. Not sure what you can do about the bush now (maybe crop it into a vertical) but it just feels like it pulls my focus a bit more than I'd want it to. Very nice shot though.

I was thinking of a crop too, but I do like it.

Maybe something like this?

StreamRMNP2006-mod.jpg

Or maybe even more off the right, but it starts to become more personal and less expansive. The bush does seem to work better here, though.

StreamRMNP2006-mod2.jpg

yeah I like the 2nd crop best... maybe even a BIT thinner but that's the idea. I would say for this shot the subject is the river so I'd compose around that. Have the river filling the frame as much as possible. It's definitely an awesome shot... I don't want to sound like I'm putting it down, I just think some minor composition changes could really pull some potential.

mysteryscribe said:
For the bad news... It would have been a super picture if you stood in the middle of the stream and shot down it into the hills. Good news it is still a very very good shot.

lol, sorry didn't have my waders with me to do that one. I think my feet would have gotten very very cold if I would have jumped into that stream. Splash!!!!!

Thanks for your opinion :)

sthvtsh said:
I LOVE THIS! It's amazing and beautiful! :D

Thanks :) I am just learning this photography thing, so this is all new to me.

Markc,

I think I like the second one better as well. It seems to have taken the emphasis away from that bush.

rmh159 said:
It's definitely an awesome shot... I don't want to sound like I'm putting it down, I just think some minor composition changes could really pull some potential.

Gosh, don't think that. I am very open to people's opinons and really appreciate the input. I will never learn if someone doesn't point it out :)

i'm at work so can't edit but i often think a shot with a plain sky (unless it's a real deep blue for a graphic image) is quite boring and find that converting a shot like this to monochrome might work quite well.

you could even try importing an interesting sky from another shot

I like it, it has more impact than the other one with the elks but I'de have moved at least right next to the stream and used it more to lead the eye into the scene, boost it with some levels, curves & saturation and your heading in the right direction.

Flash Harry said:
heres a quickie a littleoversharped and a crap crop but its not mine:

Wow that does make a difference. I would have never even thought of the clouds having that much of an impact.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back