last weeks portraits

newrmdmike

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
please, lay the C&C on me. this first one i'm already planning to reshoot since her clothing is lost on the right side.
208708342.jpg

I plan on adding a second light and losing the shadow.

and i had a tougher subject one day last week, but i think they still turned out decent, what do you think?

207329996.jpg

207329992.jpg

4, and the best of her series i think
207329990.jpg

#1 - I actually like the shadow. It complinments her surroundings. That's the type of shadow you'd expect from an area naturally lit with street type lights. Maybe a tighter crop though.

#2 - Nice natural looking light on the face, reflector? I like the pose too.

#3 - Nice lighting on the subject. The fg draws a little bit of attention to it, but not bad. I'm sure it's just from the web compression, but her eyes look really soft in this one?

#4 - I don't care for the hard shadow under her chin. The whites of the eyes/teeth...I don't think they're too white, but it almost makes the skin look slightly underexposed. And her smile looks really forced. Of course that's out of your control.

I'm sure she'll be happy with them. We see things as photogs that clients never even think about :)

Wow Mike, I really like your style. I have seen your photos before but these are great!!!! I love them all so I don't have a favorite.

The last one looks good, I like it

thanks everyone, and woodsac . . . i like your input. No, no reflector. these were all shot with lowel id-light. I would recommend one to just about anyone, just don't expect to get much power out of it, its limited to 100 watts. Also, on the last one i don't like the shadow either now that i'm looking at it. and yeah thats a pretty forced smile, but don't be so nice to me about it! I strongly believe its in my hands, i just hurried it and didn't work hard enough to get a better expression.

and thanks oldnavy!

I like the 3rd one best. I agree about the foreground. I think a crop up to a 4:5 ration would do the trick.

On the last one, the light looks too close to me, in addition to the harsh shadow. These have a nice look to them, though. Good color.

I really like the third one but I also think the foreground should be cropped a little bit. I personally like the last one and I don't think she'd be worried about the shadow.

#4, what a nice shot! She is so beautiful, too.

wow, thanks guys i didn't expect these to be recieved so well.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back